Friday, March 16, 2012

Shopping!

Lucas had to spend some time at the HR office today.  Since he still doesn't have a computer and it is a 45 minute drive from HR to his office his boss told him he didn't have to come into the office after his meeting.  So, knowing I needed a bit of alone time he watched the kids this afternoon so I could go shopping at Carrefour.  I know, I live on the wild side!  But, it was so nice to be able to go through the store, taking as much time as I wanted to look at everything.  While I can find a lot of the things I would bye back home figuring out where it is or how it is packaged is taking some time.  A lot of things have labels in English but you have to look close. 

 We had dinner tonight at the German place across the street from the apartment tonight.  It was expensive, $90 for two kids meals, two entrees, two drinks, and four pretzels.  Still it was good and I love the huge variety of foods that can be found here.

My Beef Goulash.  
 Lucas's Pork Tenderloin with potatoes and ham.
 Lily enjoyed her hot dog and fries.
Charlie too...

Tomorrow we are going to the Shanghai Natural Wild Insect Kingdom since it is supposed to rain most of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to hear about all the insect when we skype on Sunday....

    ReplyDelete