Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain, rain, go away!

Haven't done much of note in the last two days.  I think I may have pushed myself too far this past weekend and I paid for it on Monday as I had zero energy and felt lousy.  I stayed home with the kids, tons of fun in a small apartment with few toys, but it rained and I just couldn't bring myself to deal with the weather or a taxi. 

Today the kids and I took the apartment shuttle to the Carrefour by our future home.  It is only 10-15 minutes away from us now and I may do more shopping there since it is bigger and nicer than the one I've been going to.  They had more imported foods, probably because of the large expat population in that area and there was a Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Cold Cream, and Baskin Robins along with several Asian restaurants.  Plus several other stores.  Carrefour is a bit like a self contained mini mall.  I didn't spend time exploring the plaza it's in since the rain has started again though. 

Tomorrow's weather is looking good and I'm hoping to walk to AP Plaza and pick up a backpack for us to use on our excursions around Shanghai and China.  I am looking forward to sharpening my haggling skills and if the kids are not making me too crazy we may grab lunch at Daisy's a Western style restaurant in AP Plaza. 

I'm so jealous of all the beautiful weather everyone else is having.  While everyone back home in the States is pulling out sandals and t shirts I'm still wearing my winter coat and putting hats on the kids every time we go out.  But, as I said the weather is looking more promising this week, so fingers crossed we'll be spending more time outside this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment