Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ocean Aquarium Members

Today the kids and I went back to the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, this time we got a family membership.  Lucky for us Charlie still gets in for free because the family membership covers two adults and one child under the age of 16, the typical Chinese family.  It was in the low 70's today and with last nights rain very muggy.  The aquarium hasn't yet turned on the AC so it was very warm inside.  That and the crowds made it a bit claustrophobic, but the kids didn't seem to notice.  All Charlie cared about was his "freedom" from the stroller.
This is one of the many escalators at the aquarium, this one happens to run alongside a very large alligator.  I don't think it moves much as it was in the exact same spot when we visited before. 

As always people wanted to take pictures with the kids, but today they were not in the mood so I just said no and walked away.  They seemed to understand and just followed a bit and watched the kids before moving on.
For some reason jelly fish fascinate Lily.  I think she could have spent a good part of the day watching them if I let her.  The kids had a good time and I know we will be back often now that we are members. 

Shopping tomorrow, there is a huge fake market that specializes in kids that I was told I should go to.  Since both kids are in desperate need of warm weather clothes I figure it is a good way to spend Lucas' money.

1 comment:

  1. Just like your mother... spending your husband's hard earned money. Mom would be proud!

    ReplyDelete