Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Neon Kids Plaza

Went shopping today at the Neon Kids Plaza.  This plaza like AP Plaza is a fake market, this one is just dedicated to kids.  Stall after stall has clothing, toys, and shoes, all for kids.  It is a bit overwhelming and shopping with a stroller in these stalls is not easy.  Most are crammed with as much merchandise as possible.  Some of the larger ones were easier to navigate, but all were eager to help me find what I wanted.  Most of the shops have one of each item on display, when you find something you like you ask for the size you want.  This is a bit tricky.  In the States most kids clothes are all pretty much the same size, meaning a 2T should fit Charlie whether it is Carter's or Oshkosh.   Because these are all knock offs and mostly brands I'm unfamiliar with I had to "measure" them against the kids.  With Lily this wasn't much of a problem, Charlie on the other hand was not in the mood to be fitted so I had to guess. 
Some of the shops had prices listed, which I had been told meant that negotiating wasn't usually done.  Others were happy to haggle over a price.  I was just so happy to find clothes for a decent price that I didn't really haggle too much.  Plus, shopping with two kids is always a challenge and by the time I picked out pieces I liked both kids were ready to move on so I tried to conduct business as quickly as possible. 

Once we got home Lily and Charlie both tired on clothes for me, only Lily was willing to pose for me though.  I'm happy to say that I did a good job of picking out sizes and that everything seems to fit.  For about $120 I got Lily 4 shirts, a skirt, a dress, and 2 pairs of pajamas, and Charlie 3 t-shirts, a pair of shorts, capris, and pajamas. 


After naps we went to the indoor play ground. There is no staying in the apartment with two kids and few toys.  We stayed for almost two hours and we met a very nice German woman and her little boy Leopold who's birthday is just two days after Charlie's.  Turns out they've been here since February.  We swapped stories for a bit and talked about when we were going back home and when family plans to visit.  The complex isn't large so I'm sure we'll see them again soon.

Tonight dinner was Greek a la Sherpa service.  Although I love to cook the kitchen here has the bare minimum for cooking.  Two frying pans, a pot, a knife, and can opener do not a kitchen make.  Plus the oven doesn't have a temperature gauge and I haven't been able to find an oven thermometer.  So until we move I think we will continue to eat out and use Sherpa with the occasional simple meal thrown in.  Cooking in this kitchen is more aggravating then anything else.  Man do I miss my kitchen toys!  Thank you again Dad for getting us that transformer so I could bring my toys.  I have a feeling that once I have my kitchen set up I'm going to go on a cooking spree!

No comments:

Post a Comment