Wednesday, April 18, 2012

AP Pearl Market

Today Charlie and I met up with Vicki and her daughter Joy, (3 years) to shop the fake market.  I found a cute polo shirt and Spidey pj's for Charlie, he was my focus since finding clothes for Lily is never a challenge.  There was an inspection today; officials walked into stores to look for knock offs, and yes, that is the whole point of the market but there are laws that ban it even if everyone turns a blind eye.  I don't know if they look for the high end designers like Louis Vuitton, Channel, and Rolex, to name a few, but it is hard not to trip over the knock offs at this market. 

Although I've been to the fake market many times I had never walked through the Pearl Market, a cluster of shops separate from the others that sell only jewelry.  Even here you can find knock offs, most notably Pandora bracelets and charms.  This I can see becoming a favorite place of mine to shop.  There is shop after shop with every kind, color, and size of jewelry imaginable.  Some are made of plastic or glass, and cost anywhere from 5-20RMB and others are made of semi-precious stones which cost more depending on size and quality.  I bought a sliver and pearl, fake mind you, bracelet for myself for 10RMB and a cute beaded one for Lily for just 5RMB.  If you don't see what you want you can have one made custom from any of the beads you see hanging in the shop.  It would be impossible to not find something here to match anything and everything in your closet. 

I had planned to actually cook dinner tonight, nothing fancy just tuna casserole, I was really looking forward to it.  It was not to be though.  I didn't realize until too late that I didn't have any pasta, and while tuna, mayo and cheese is tasty it doesn't exactly make a complete meal.  We ended up eating at BBQ Chicken around the corner, very tasty and no dishes or kitchen for me to clean up after!

No comments:

Post a Comment