Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Storage space!

When I first looked at this apartment I somehow missed the lack of a closet in the guest room/office.  I don't know how, I must have just assumed it had one.  It's not a huge problem, but I hate not having a place for guest to put their clothes and I don't like having all of my scrap booking stuff lined up along the wall.  Anyway, we have finally fixed the problem by buying a wardrobe at Ikea. It was delivered yesterday and assembled today.  I now have room for my scrap booking stuff and a place for guests to store their clothes.  Lucas and I had to rearrange some of the furniture to make room for it, and in the end we had to move the book shelf to the living room.  Not exactly ideal since Charlie thinks of my books as new "toys" to play with.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off and he will ignore it soon though.  Now I just have to unpack my scrap booking stuff and the rest of the office things and I can mark this room off as done. 

We got a small shelve with removable plastic bins for Lily's room.  We needed something to put her fish tank, or "tank fish" as she calls it.  This gives her extra storage space for toys too.  I'm trying to keep the family room from being too cluttered with toys by putting some in each of the kids rooms.  Since this is a new concept to them they don't play with the toys in their rooms much and when they do, they drag them into the family room.  I don't mind, especially since I can keep an eye on them, but it does mean I have to drag them all back at the end of the day. 

I'm almost done with the bedrooms and I will share pictures soon.  With the addition of the air freight last week I'm rearrange toys and trying to find the best spot for everything.  The only other big purchases I want to make are curtains and area rugs.  I love the hard wood floors, but I've been told that they can be very chilly in the winter.  I read about a place where I can design my own rugs for a very reasonable price so I may give that a try... 

No comments:

Post a Comment