Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Party

I'm finally feeling better and almost back to normal.  I still tire easily so Lucas worked from home today so I could rest.  Honestly, I don't think it was a hardship for him to work from home on a Friday.  He did let me sleep in and skip over the craziness of the morning, so I am incredibly grateful to him for that alone.  We had planned on going to the flower market this weekend but decided to make the trip today since we had the time and one less kids to keep track of.  We ended up with a beautiful peace lily and another simple "tree" for indoor plants and I got three flowering outdoor plants.  It is but a start...  We also got Lily a small fish tank for her room.  She says she misses Abby and Penny and with this being such a temporary move fish are the only "pet" I'm willing to allow.  After the tank has been up and running I will take her to the market to pick out some fish for her tank as she noticed right away that there weren't any in it.  While waiting for Lucas to negotiate the price of the tank Charlie and I checked out the other "pets" for purchase.   He was especially fascinated with the baby chick and ducks.  I think these are for people to purchase to raise for either eggs or dinner more so than pets.

Lily's class invited all of the moms to school today for a special party.  We were offered tea and coffee and snacks before asked to sit so the kids could sing a Mother's Day song to us in Chinese.  Lily did a great job, I'm impressed with how quickly she is learning Chinese, it is a credit to the teachers and school.  After a wonderful song Lily gave me a card she made for me and showed me a pot painted pink with flower seeds that she had planted for me.  We all enjoyed a snack and then the kids made a body scrub for us from brown sugar, salt and our choice of "flavor".  I ended up with a chocolate, vanilla flavored body scrub.  Lily was a total mess by the time she was done, but she had fun making it.  She doesn't do anything in half measures.  We also came home with a rose and a heart shaped balloon that Lily wrote her name on and I love mommy.  It was a wonderful party and it was so nice to be able to focus on Lily and not worry about watching Charlie too.  Thank you Lucas!

We had an early dinner tonight, we trekked across the street to the Blue Frog, which is quickly becoming a favorite.  Great burgers!  They have a wonderful patio to sit on and a play area for kids.  The weather today has been gorgeous so we grabbed an outdoor table and had a wonderful dinner while enjoying the beautiful weather.  Don't think there will be too many more of those in the near future.  It is going to get hot and muggy soon and June I've been told brings daily rains!  Guess I should get some rain boots!

It is back to Ikea tomorrow for some patio furniture and plant stands, I love this store!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to picture a full grown chicken running around your apartment! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina... Ask Lucas to do the chicken walk for you

    ReplyDelete